you a property owner or aspiring Inn Keeper? Our experts have all the
answers about the Internet and online marketing.
If you are looking for someone to help you wouldn't
you rather talk to someone that has the experience and knowledge of
running a successful Bed and Breakfast?
There's no need to browse the web aimlessly looking
for the solution to your problem.
If you are a well established Bed and Breakfast, are
thinking about opening a Bed and Breakfast, or somewhere in between
we can help.
Cost: $150 per person or $250 per couple taught by InnKeeper
and website designer Dieter Gerhard of Victoria Bed and Breakfast Birds of a Feather
- Do I need my own domain and my
- What should I expect from my website designer?
- Which directories are worth while to pay to be listed?
- What is search engine optimization?
- What should I expect from my webmaster?
- How can I network over the internet?
- Should I be linking to other website's?
- What value is there to be linked from other websites?
- What publications should I pay to be listed in?
- Should I print a brochure?
- Should I join a B&B association?
- Should I be listed with government tourist bureaus?
- Should I join the Chamber of Commerce?
- What considerations should I be aware of when choosing
a domain name(s)?
- Why should I not use an e-mail for my B&B that
was provided to me by my ISP?
- Why does where I host my website
matter and why is price not the determining factor?
- Why the e-mail solicitations you receive offering
search engine submission are not only a waste of money but are in
fact harmful to your indexing?
Again and again we hear the same scenario
from Innkeepers who have spent hundreds, often thousands of dollars
on websites and website promotion only to receive minimal bookings and/or
be listed in the basement of search engines. Effective marketing using
the internet requires understanding the profile of the B&B guest
as well as the dynamic use of the internet by these very same guests
when they are looking for accommodations. This course will give you
an overview of how to stitch it all together.
Still not sure if this course is right
for you? Go to Google and also to Yahoo and search for the two keyword
phrases which statistics bear out as the most frequently used terms
as it applies to Victoria B&B accommodation; specifically these
phrases: "Victoria bed and breakfast" or "bed and breakfast Victoria"
You will consistently see Birds of a Feather B&B (Victoria Bed and Breakfast
) and Oak Lane B&B (one of our clients) near the top of the
listings. That's just the beginning!
Here's one free
tip to save you money already.
When you get one of those annoying spams
promising to submit your site to the search engines tell them to take
a hike. SAVE YOUR MONEY!! if you allow them to submit your website and
it is not search engine optimized before hand, then submitting your
site to search engines is equivalent to telling them, "Hey, over here!
Look at how search engine unfriendly my site is!". Now you've just paid
these spammers to push you even further into the search engine basement.
Looking for other Computer Courses?
There are also many other computer and
internet courses available at The Victoria School of Business and Technology
everything from search engine optimization to HTML to Dreamweaver and
FrontPage to Adobe Photoshop. Take control of your business today!